Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I Will Do On My Summer Vacation

This summer, I will be...

...working on the final edits from the publisher for my debut novel, Signs of the South.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

The contract has been signed and we are ready to move forward. As all my friends in the writing world know, getting your first (or second, third or fifteenth) novel published is no easy feat. But I've managed to find a great publisher that I am very excited to work with that really loves what I've written.

Pulse Publishing is the traditional publishing division of Urban Echoes Entertainment, a multimedia company. The CEO, Marcus Harris, is friendly, approachable, and best summed up by the line in his bio that reads, "Marcus has become highly respected for his ability to relate universal truths that span the boundaries of race, color, creed, and gender and address the everyday lives interwoven throughout the global community." How could I not work with someone like that?

This summer we will be working on final edits, cover design, and an exciting contest that involves all of you.

More information regarding the contest and release dates will be posted as they become available.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Could you share a sentence or two about the plot of your novel? Rae, Best O' Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on facebook, and I sent a friend request! I am also following your blog! Congrats on the book deal! I'm working on a manuscript and I plan to send it to Pulse Publishing as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rae, Thanks so much! I posted a description of the novel. Do you have a website or blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Turjemia, Thanks for your well wishes, looking forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete